Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Did you know.......

....this child could look at books all day long?

....you can change the rules for croquet (and that I don't know how to spell 'croquet')? Yup! You can!! If you can't hit the ball with the stick through the wire

then just kick it through!!

...that somebody has found a way into my cupboards

and "re-cleans" everything in them and then dumps it on the floor?

....that a cutting board isn't just for cutting? Nope!! Jumping on it is MUCH more fun!

....this is the best way to eat a chocolate sandwich? You should try it sometime!

...he is 9 months old now??

...that tuft of hair that is sticking straight up on the top is hair that was cut for surgery and is now growing back?

..and that it is VERY hard to make that new hair lie flat?

....I bought this walking toy at a garage sale to give to Lincoln for Christmas, thinking he would need it then, not NOW?!

....that I would fall (and so would you) if I tried to do this with my fingers and toes, all under the door at once?

....that he thinks his bed is a trampoline?

...that he is stubborn and would NOT open his mouth up for my dad (this is his food, people!! Remember those legs of his? That's right. Stubborn. I didn't know that was a nurtured thing rather than a nature thing.....grin :o)

...this is what he does when my dad gives me the spoon?

....that to entertain one child, just put the other child in the corner?

....in case you burn something to the pan (what, me burn food??!) you can just add soap and water and boil it?

..and that it works even better with the lid off (duh)?

Ta-da!! (and did you know I got that tip off of Facebook?? See, Facebook is not ALL bad :o)

....that I don't burn everything but love to make our favourite Autumn soup, Butternut Squash soup?

...this is what it looks like driving up our driveway in Autumn?

...that although they make a picture look nice and serene, we are eager to say "good riddance" to these birds in a week or two?

...that although all seasons are beautiful, I do believe that God shows His glory most in Autumn?

And lastly, did you know that this Thanksgiving weekend is the first "cold" one in a few years? One would know that if one camps every Thanksgiving weekend. Off to pack up all our woolies!!!

May we all have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, remembering and reflecting the many gifts we have received, not because we deserve them (which we so do not), but because God has given them to us out of His good pleasure.

6 comments:

  1. That soap-water-boil trick is great - I've been using it for years.

    And, butternut squash soup is on for the weekend :)

    Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! You see, clearly this is the first time I've burned food, otherwise I am sure I would have known about this trick. Ahem. :o)

      Delete
  2. Just love it. I love some of Lincoln's expressions and not sure which is my favourite picture but I think it is "...thinking his bed is a trampoline." And, recipe please for your Autumn soup.

    Oh, and have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your weekend! I am almost 100% certain that ours will be warmer than yours. We will be hanging upside down for a few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete