Thursday, December 12, 2013

Fill #2

That's it? Only 2 fills so far?! After her reaction today during the fill-up procedures, it is going to be a loooooong next couple of months. :o(

This time daddy was able to come with us. She was quite disappointed when she found out Aunt Jenn wasn't coming this time. But despite the disappointment, she was still happy as a lark to go back to the hospital.
(ha! See the date on the picture? I was fiddling with the camera while trying to wait patiently. 03/11/2008. Keziah wasn't even born yet! Actually, at that date we didn't even have a clue that we were going to be adopting. My. It is so amazing to see God's plans fold out in our lives, plans that we didn't even know existed. Such comfort to rest in His providential care, knowing that He has it all figured out.) 

Daddy held her during the fill-ups. She cried. And screamed. Loud. My heart broke. It is soooo hard to be a tough mama!! It's difficult to hold back the tears and be strong for her. I think that's why I find these days so exhausting - just always trying to keep my emotions in check for her sake.

The fill ups were exactly what I was dreading about this whole process. During the screaming and crying, February 19th looks so far away. But I do need to remind myself that while she kicks and screams during the fill ups, by the time we get Timbits, she is back to herself again. And never a problem again until the next fill up. So I just have to be strong during those 10 minutes for her and remember how quick she is to smile not even 10 minutes after.

So here are the results of today's fills:

There is now 125 cc's in the top one. Can you believe that is just 10 cc's shy of what her cheek expander was filled up to?! Hair is a wonderful thing, people! :o)

Here are the side views. The first picture you can't really see the back expander, but you can see the skin that is stretched a bit through her hair.


It just looks like I poofed up her hair at the front. I know some people who actually style their hair this way.....so really, she's just keeping up with the times. :o)


While it may only be 2 fills done, we are thankful to put those 2 behind us. We again thank you for your prayers.

Speaking of being thankful, I know I've mentioned our appreciation for the great support group that we belong to (you know who you are!), there is another group that also has given us so much support, and that is our church family. This support has been seen in many ways, some of them being the following:

So many have offered to take this guy while we go every week. (how could you not?! Look at that cheeky monkey!! Just make sure you hide your food, your dishwasher soap, your computer, anything with buttons, your, well, you get the idea. Still want him?! :o)

Today we were spoiled with a delicious meal made by friends, which was enjoyed by all (especially by me, as I didn't have to worry about what to make for supper after a stressful morning):

Another way we've been encouraged is by witnessing how many people from our church care about our daughter. They care so much that they even want to crochet Keziah some beautiful hats!! And so, here she is, modelling two hats that were made specially for her by another friend in the church. (yes, that is 4 pictures of the same hat. I couldn't pick just one with that smile of hers!)




And her favourite one....the one with a "big sparkle!!"


Don't these hats just suit her so well?! My little fashion diva :o) And what's so nice about the hats is that they are stretchy, which is a good thing because we still have 555 cc's more to go in the top and 455 cc's in the back!

But let's just take one day at a time, one fill up at a time, or else my stomach starts knotting too soon, and this is not good, because then I am too busy looking horizontally instead of vertically.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww! Love those beautiful hats, and the encouragement you get for enduring this difficult road! <3 Aunt C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry it didn't go so well today. :( So tough!! Will keep praying for you all during these fills. Wish I could be there to help somehow. I am thankful that you are surrounded by loving people that are helping out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is stylin'!! Both in the hats and with the "hair poof"!! :) I just love her smile and her sunny disposition... I think it's a special gift God's given her to help her (and you) deal with all the tough times. Praying you'll continue to be given much strength for those 10 minutes that I'm sure feel much more like an eternity... hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for strength! Also love the photos of the hats, what a cutie. I'm sure it will be so much easier for you and her if you can "hide" the expanders a little. Looks like the hats will be perfect! Photo #3 of the purple hat cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete