Thursday, September 6, 2012

I Knew it!!!

So those of you who know me know that before kids came into our lives, I was an avid gym-goer. I loved it, especially strength training. I didn't want to get bulky and so I refrained from lifting a lot of weight (haha), sticking mostly to the 5 and 10 lbs weights. Who knew that I could have pushed for more?? Now 10 lbs is like lifting a feather for me! I've passed curling 15 lbs and even 20 lbs. I am officially now curling 22 lbs. I can't believe that in 8 months I have gone from curling 7 lbs to 22 lbs!! And the kicker is I haven't stepped foot in a gym in 8 months. So how, do you ask, is this possible??! Well, who needs a gym when you've got this handsome mass to carry around?

Lincoln had his doctor's appointment this morning and here are his stats: at 8 months old, he is 22 lbs and 30 inches long. Keziah was WALKING at this weight!! Actually, she didn't hit 22 lbs until 15 months (she was walking at 13 months)! And the thing is, if you look at his face and arms, you wouldn't think he would be 22 lbs:

He does eat well and when someone eats well and doesn't really show it, one would say "he has a hollow leg.". Yeah. Not this boy. Those legs are definitely NOT hollow! :o) This is where he is hiding at least 15 of those 22 lbs!

Since learning to crawl, this boy has discovered there is a world to explore! To get a picture of him is proving to be difficult as he comes right at me!

This is "the look" I get for moving away from him so he couldn't reach the camera:

In the last day or so he has learned to pull himself up to his knees. Here he is hanging on for dear life!!

But now what? How to get down?

"What's the matter, mom? Think I can't figure this out?"

Convincing me with his smile that all is good and he'll eventually learn to let go :o)

And it also looks like someone else is happy to have the play table back out!

I know it's a matter of time before he figures out how to stand. When he crawls to me (or someone else) he pulls to his feet right away and is quite proud of himself!

We are so enjoying him! Seeing him learn to do such simple things like wave "bye" and clap his hands gives us so much pleasure! But his smile! That is what gets me every time!!!

Having Lincoln has been such a blessing. Not only do I get to see my husband as a father (again) but I also get to watch Keziah in her role as big sister. He is so loved and cherished and we praise God every day for him!

And this girl....do you know why she is so excited?

You'll have to come back in a week or so to find out!!! :o))

2 comments:

  1. Some delightful photos, Michelle. And you are right, Lincoln's smile is infectious. Glad to hear you are finally bulking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was actually starting to "bulk" up in the wrong places, so back at the gym today for the first time in 8 months!!! :o)

      Delete