Wednesday, July 25, 2012

14 years ago today....

....we looked like this!! (no comments from the peanut gallery please!! :o)

14 years of marriage. Wow. Actually, if including the years we dated, which is 3 years before marriage, Nathan and I have been together for half my life!!

And to this day, this man remains to be the flip to my flop, the water to my ocean, cheese to my macaroni, hagelslag to my bread and beat of my heart.

I am not going to say every day was peaches and cream; there were definitely some tough moments and trying times. Mostly he was peaches but the cream (me) often would sour quickly. But through all the ups and downs of life, I am so thankful that God has placed the two of us together. Nathan is everything I am not and so we balance each other out very well.

We chose this Scripture text for our wedding 14 years ago and we pray that we will continue to rely on His Word in our marriage for as many years as the Lord will allow us.

 "For this God is our God forever and ever. He will be our Guide even to the end." Ps. 48: 14

12 comments:

  1. 14 years!! Congratulations and God's blessings for the next 14 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and the may God continue to bless you. That is my favorite text. I have it framed in my kitchen! Have a wonderful day. Love from the D.Bosmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, when we picked it, our minister stated that it was not a very common wedding text. I am not sure why....maybe 'cause it doesn't have "love" in it?? It is a text we have had to remember plenty in the last 14 years and by remembering it put things into perspective as to Who is the one in control.

      Delete
  3. You are becoming quite the writer Michelle, this post makes me smile :) Congratulations and blessing for many more years together with your beautiful family!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you got married, I thought we looked mature, but looking at the picture again, you guys look like little kids.
    We hope you enjoyed your day. May God give you many more years together as you travel the journey He has planned for you. Jenn and Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding, eh Jenn??! Should I have put the picture of you by my side on this day and see if Nathan and I are the only ones looking like kids? :o)Now, I absolutely cringe when I hear kids getting married at 20. I have nothing to regret, but I think 20 year olds nowadays are so much more, ummmm, less mature than we were. Ha!!!!

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary Nathan and Michelle! Praying that God grants you many many more years together!! BTW- you were far from mature back then. :) just saying....oh and I have pictures to prove it. Hope you had/have a great day together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! And you keep those pictures underwraps, you hear me??! :o))

      Delete
  6. Awe those are the 2 faces I remember meeting just a little over 14 years ago! So much has happened since then! May God continue to bless you and Guide you each step of the way. Happy Anniversary! Love from Mr. and Mrs Heida and boys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I so remember putting on the calendar "Meet Mrs. Heida" on the date set that we were to meet for the first time! Mrs. Heida. HA!!!!

      I know it's a day late, but please wish Randy a happy birthday!!!

      Praying for your boys as they head out to Peru! Tough on a mother's heart, eh?! But may God bless their work!

      Delete