Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The rest of our stay at the hospital

Keziah woke up Saturday morning, chipper than ever. She was very happy to see Daddy again.

So was I as I was so tired (how many times can YOU use the words 'so', 'was' and 'I' in a sentence??! :o). Thankfully he could take her to play so I could catch up on some much needed sleep.

As the day wore on, her face started to swell.

But that didn't stop her from enjoying some visits with her friend Kate and Kate's family, as well as with Aunt Jackie and Uncle Ed.

And if people weren't visiting her, they were calling her!! :o)

And if there wasn't anyone visiting or calling, there were always the nurses ready to have a chat with Kez.
By Saturday night, Keziah was starting to tell the nurses how to do their job. "My heart is here. You need to put the 'mermometer' under my arm. Give my arm a hug (blood pressure). I do it." But when asked if she wants to be a nurse, her reply "No. I want to work with baby animals." I'll have to teach her the word "veterinarian".

Sunday came along after a fairly good sleep. She only woke up (a few times) to go to the bathroom, and even then, it wasn't really that she had to pee. It was because she liked pushing the IV pole. Stinker. However, by Sunday morning, that is when I woke up to our china doll!
"Mom! I can't see your eyes!". Umm, sorry dear, but it's the other way around. I can't see your eyes!! :o)

But despite her eyes pretty well closed up, she was still quite the happy camper. I just love this picture....2 of my 3 favourite people!

I don't know how she could see to play on Daddy's ipad , but she managed somehow! It even looks like she is sleeping!
CHEESE!!!

After quite the ordeal of washing her hair (took 4 of us. Gives you an idea of how that went), we were packed up and on our way home! Yahoo!!

On our way home, much to Aunt Karen and Uncle Doug's disappointment, we picked up this handsome fellow that we missed so much!!

And we were back home by 1:30 Sunday afternoon. We are so thankful to God for everything. There is so much to be thankful for!! We pray that He will continue to bless Keziah's healing and that there may not be any infections. She has a LOT of stitches/incisions that need to be washed and cleaned twice to three times daily. And we don't have extra hands to hold her down while doing this, so it can be a very trying process to get through. It is one that leaves her exhausted and sweaty from crying and screaming, and me all tense and close to tears, feeling the weight of infection on my shoulders and that "I just can't do this anymore" feeling. It leaves Nathan feeling helpless as he holds her down, wanting to distract her to no end but nothing works. Please pray that things will go smoother for her in this, and that we may be given the strength to carry out this task for the next few weeks.

In another day or two, I'll update as to how things are going and how the healing is happening. Lincoln also just gave me an earfull to remind me that it's been awhile since he's had a post. He is, afterall, 6 months old now!!  BOO!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. You always sound so cheerful in your posts but today you gave me an inkling that it is much harder than you let on. We pray for you and God will sustain you even through your tiredness and bewilderment and helplessness. Aunt C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it must be so tough at times! Just know that many people are holding you and your family in prayer. Hugs to you all.. the heida's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all went well with the surgery. Amazing the skills God gives those doctors! Praying for patience, and the strength to take each step. So glad you are looking to the Prince of Peace and the Gentle Shepherd to help you all through this. He is able and willing! What an amazing combination :) Eph 3:20

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help but tear up reading this Michelle. We know what it feels like to have to pin your child down to give medication etc. We have done it many times with Kylie over the last two years, though compared to your experience, ours seems almost insignificant. I pray for strength for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Praying that things continue to go well! Pictures do say a 1000 words don't they? Wishing you continued strength and patience!
    Chris and Joanna deBoer, Peter and Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Michelle (and Nathan!) What a journey indeed. Praying for you all, and especially for Keziah as she recovers. It sure is a miracle what the doctors are able to do, with God's help. When I read the part about thinking you just can't do it anymore...a favourite text popped into my head "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me." You are already doing an amazing job with Keziah ... keep it up! God will bless your efforts and give you all you need.
    Tracy Aasman

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so happy to hear that things have gone so well. Keziah looks darling and beautiful as always! We pray that God will continue to grant you much strength and patience. Thinking of you often!

    ReplyDelete