Monday, July 9, 2012

Our Toughie

Ah, our dear son Lincoln. I can not believe that he has been with us for 1/2 a year already. Lincoln was born on December 30th, sneaking in on the second last day of 2011. He was a tiny, scrawny 7 lb baby. But he sure didn't stay that small for long! 6 months later and this boy weighs a whopping 19 lbs 1 oz and is 27 3/4 inches long. He is a long baby, but that I am used to. Keziah was also that long by 6 months but she was 3 pounds lighter! Makes a difference when you are lugging him around in his car seat!

And no wonder he weighs so much! He has gone from this:
To this, and it doesn't matter what I throw at him, he'll eat it. All.

And if he doesn't think I've fed him enough, there's always lint inbetween the toes! :o)

In the last few weeks or so, we've noticed that he isn't always so quick with a smile if he doesn't recognize you. It will come, but often he will stare you down, looking at you with a very unimpressed gaze. Below, there is his gaze, but this time it is directed at me. I was all happy and clapping because he was sitting by himself. He clearly thought it was no big deal.

Mr. Lincoln also popped a tooth this month! One night I was tickling him and there it was! Other than a lot of drool and stuff, I had no idea this was coming through! Not a whine from him at all!

And not only was he tough with his tooth, he also had his 6 month needles. Not a flinch with the one and only a mild complaint with the other one. Keziah was very impressed that he "didn't even cry!". I guess the more "muscle" you have on the legs, the less you feel?!

Lincoln remains to be a very easy baby. I have not had to get up with him in the night since he was 8 weeks old, and this he did himself. He sleeps a lot during the day as well, and when he isn't sleeping, he is playing or "reading"! (usually the book is in his mouth but I caught him looking at it!! :o)

He also LOVES water and so we are beating the heat in 1 inch of water!

And here are my 2 beauties. Although the last 6 months have gone so fast, I look forward to the next 6 months as this bond between Keziah and Lincoln continues to develop.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh! He beat Asher in the weight category...I was wondering who was heavier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute guy! My little(big) girl is starting to sit too, and is just as long. great pictures, I've enjoyed this blog like crazy!, Lori

    ReplyDelete